Sunday, November 25, 2007

Demonstration overdose?

First BERSIH now HINDRAF.

What sort of times are we heading into? While I'm not in the position to judge, the former, IMHO, did show some sense and behaved sensibly during the demo. The purpose of the latter however, leaves me incredulous. Don't get me wrong. I do pity the plight of the group of people especially in the case which their temples were demolished. And I do believe the former colonizer of the nation did play a part in the past. But the asking of USD1M/head does give out a negative vibe on the entire movement. An apology plus an education fund could perhaps project a better image.

But, on a lighter note, such incidences do provide some unique 'entertainment' to our mundane lives now that the usual sources (the likes of Heroes and Prison Break) are slowly grinding to a halt due to the writers' strike. Having said that, I still prefer watching mutants in action rather than some bad English lessons.

Pic from: www.teoriaglacial.com

No comments: